This post was created after I spent many hours trying to install this software on esxi5.5u1. This step by step guide and empirically derived the exact sequence of steps for installing DSM 5.1-5022.3 update 5 (the date of post 05.05.2015).
For this action, we need to:
- VmWare Esxi 5.5 update 1 (possibly in other versions of hypervisor is the same sequence)
- DSM5.1 5022 (DSM_DS3615xs_5022.pat )
All files can be found here.
Instructions to Applicants: average hypervisor management knowledge VMware Esxi.
To begin the installation:
1. Create new virtual machine
2. Giving arbitrary name
3. Choose a location on a storage.
4. Guest_Operation_system choose Other_linux 64-bit.
5. Network adapter selection e1000 or VMXNET3.
6. !!! Important !!! For drive of the DSM need to select at LEAST >= 4500 Mb, type “Thin provision” (to save on storage space)
7. A virtual machine created, and now attach .iso image XPEnoBoot_DS3516xs_5.1-5022.3.iso (why not just shove the same image but vmdk, honestly, I could not go to the third menu item, very fast boot image)
8. Run a virtual machine with .iso image (do not forget to put a checkbox Connect_at_power_on), at the boot menu, select the 3rd item install upgrade, after loading the console is the ip address (assuming that there is a dhcp network).
9. Go on the http: // ip: 5000 (+ port 5000) and start install OS manual DSM .pat file (if you specify a drive of less than 4500 at this place takes off error and stops the installation)
10. Once the system is supposedly waiting for a restart – press Power off.
11. Go to the settings and disconnect the HDD and CD (but do not remove the disc from the HDD), and save the settings.
12. Fill in the virtual machine folder image XPEnoBoot_DS3516xs_5.1-5022.3.vmdk
13. Go to the settings virtualke again and add a new disk pointing EXISTING image XPEnoBoot_DS3516xs_5.1-5022.3.vmdk, and once again save the settings.
14. Run the Virtual machine and and turn it off (this is done for that would esxi knew that this first disc and boot from it should be).
15. Again, go into the settings and add the previously disconnected HDD (has the same name as the Virtual machine), and save it.
16. Go on the same IP + port (http: // ip: 5000)
17. Make basic settings (username-admin, no password), upgraded to update X.
18. After the update and reboot, turn off the Virtual machine.
19. Now add the new HDD Productions, 3rd screw in a row, the HDD will be to keep all (size determined according to taste and capabilities, recommended partition thing, which can always be expanded if desired)
20. After the download go in the Storage Manager in the DSM, 3rd added disk is seen as the 4th, and create a profile, be sure to exclude the 1st and 3rd disc (the first boot loader on the 3rd DSM).
21. For reliability can once again restart the machine, The end, the system is ready for consumption =).
Behind this leave, you can use it. Thanks to the guys who made it possible to realize all this. I hope this post will save time =).
By bers for xpenology.me